- Have a medical file prepared with the information needed for a TUE in case an application is necessary,
- A summary of medical information required, aimed at athletes,
- A more detailed document, aimed at Medical Practitioners, about the medical evidence needed for TUE applications,
- Ensure that their TUE supporting documentation is sufficient to meet the TUE guidelines,
- If athletes are tested they should declare any medication they are taking on their doping control form,
- If athletes are informed that their sample has returned an adverse analytical finding (positive test), they should apply to ETH-NADO for a retroactive TUE.
On the other hand, for any athlete retroactive applications may also be considered if:
- Emergency treatment or treatment of an acute medical condition was necessary,
- Due to other exceptional circumstances, there was insufficient time or opportunity for the athlete to submit, or for ETH-NADO to consider, an application for the TUE prior to sample collection.
- WADA and ETH-NADO agree that fairness requires the granting of a retroactive TUE.